My Family | Downtown Raleigh
I love this image with the Raleigh skyline. This has been one of those bucket list images I have wanted of our family. (I am always dreaming up family photo ideas but it can be difficult to actually plan them.) Kelly’s flight got in at 5:55 PM so I was worried we weren’t going to make it downtown before it got dark. And we were really going to be thrown off if it was a dark, cloudy day. Thank goodness there were no delays in her flight and I was able to pick her up and we made it downtown with plenty of light to spare. Michael was also able to get there with all the traffic he has to fight daily. There are so many sweet images that Kelly took, and I can’t wait to share all of them!
Goals for April:
1. Create a Bucket List for spring. (Already working on a pinterest board here)
2. Send more care packages to friends. A good friend planned a lunch date with me recently and made me realize I need to be more intentional with friendships. We are all so busy with life, kids, and work, and I need to take more time to be a good friend.
3. Walk on the greenway more. I REALLY love the greenway, but after all the stories I’ve heard, I just am not ok with going by myself with the kids. If there’s anyone else that would like to meet to walk, please let me know. I’d love to organize some sort of group around 10 A.M. A few different friends and I have walked when we’ve both happened to be available and how encouraging it is to walk with a friend, get fresh air and some exercise.
4. Garden plan for this year. I would love to plant a little bit – not anything huge and not vegetables…just some pretty annuals or perennials. Before we had little ones, I use to plant a lot more and I do love gardening. The last frost date is around April 15th I think so you want to wait until after then to plant. I have planted earlier before and had to put a sheet over my plants if there was a frost warning. There are a lot of articles out there about how gardening makes you happier like this one.
5. Continue to work on decluttering. I have been amazed and how different our house has been since Jan 1. We have changed complete rooms around and decluttered so much so I want to continue to work on that this month and to plan small projects for each month.
What are your goals for April?
Rebecca Keller is a Raleigh Lifestyle At Home Newborn Photographer in Raleigh, N.C. Contact Rebecca Keller Photography for more information about downtown Raleigh photography and travel sessions worldwide.