Go Ape Raleigh NC
July does stress me out a little because it’s like saying, one whole month of summer is done and before you know it, school will be back. We have been trying to soak up as much summer as we can, amidst working and editing, etc. We are starting out the first week of July at the beach which of course, screams summer! One other summer adventure we went on was to Go Ape at Blu Jay Point. If you read my post yesterday, you’d know Owen has been loving ropes courses. Go Ape is great because it’s in the trees, it’s cool, the instructors are very helpful, and I didn’t feel like it was crazy high up in the air. We made reservations over the phone because it didn’t give me the option not to pay as an adult on their website. (If you observe from the ground, you don’t have to pay) Harrison said absolutely not was he doing it, so he hung out with me. (He could have done it if I did it with him) The boys had so much fun, working on all the challenges and going on the zipline and were just nonstop the whole time. And the image I got when Owen stopped to smile at me, be still my Mama heart. I had him wear a hat (because, ticks) and put on lots of sunscreen. You have to wear closed toes shoes, and of course, we all brought our water bottles. It was really fun – Owen loved it so much + we will definitely be back.
- Plan out what I want to do with the kids the rest of summer since it’s 1/2 way through.
- Finish planning NJ/NYC trip with a friend. Read historical fiction books about NY.
- Eat cookie dough here while in NYC.
- Take the kids to the Tobacco Campus for an evening picnic
- Take the kids to Beaches-n-Cream for some Krispy Kreme Ice Cream
- Check out the ropes course at the Shallotte Swamp Park.